NIM CONNECTOR : nuke save in the wrong folder

Discussions related to creating NIM project structures
tib31

NIM CONNECTOR : nuke save in the wrong folder

Post by tib31 »

hello ,

i'm a new NIM user and i try to add NIM into our pipeline ,

i've changed the project structure to match our naming convention ,
the ' SHOT COMP ' folder in my projet structure seems to be different from the one the nim_connector is using to save my script in nuke .

In my nuke script the 'comp path' variable is correct and match the project structure ( ie : \\<server>\<project>\<show_name>\<shot_name>\COMP\nuke\script\<comp_name>.nk ) but unfortunately the nim connector doesn't use that to save the script ,it 's using the 'file directory'. ( like this :\\<server>\<project>\<show_name>\<shot_name>\COMP\<comp_name>\<comp_name>.nk ).

is there any ' user way ' in the interface prepaired to correct that or do i have to dig the variable out of the different .py ?

thanks for your help ,

Thibault

andrew
Site Admin

Re: NIM CONNECTOR : nuke save in the wrong folder

Post by andrew »

Hello,

The NIM connectors use a combination of the "SHOT ROOT" as defined in your project structure and the Task Folder for the task you are assigning at save to determine the location of the save nuke scripts. The "SHOT COMP" is for the output of a nuke script, ie the resulting composite.

All project and scene files will be saved under the Asset or Shot Root locations in a folder based on the Task Folder name.

Output of those scene files, ie renders and comps will be saved to either the ASSET OR SHOT RENDER and COMPS locations respectively.

Here is a link to the documentation outlining the connector use of the special folders:

https://nim-labs.com/docs/NIM/html/gs_a ... al-folders

One side note is that once you bring a project online, changing the project structure template will not affect any current jobs.

Also, task folders are relative to the asset or shot root so you can start to do interesting things such as setting a task folder to be outside of the root using "../../Software/Nuke" or something like that.

Cheers,
Andrew

tib31

Re: NIM CONNECTOR : nuke save in the wrong folder

Post by tib31 »

thanks !