Modifying after show is going

Discussions related to creating NIM project structures
dekekincaid

Modifying after show is going

Post by dekekincaid »

How do I modify the project structure after a show has started and get it to stick? I tried modifying the Asset structure on an existing show but every time I create an asset it still uses the old structure. I've tried restarting Nim, offline/onlining a show, etc.. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Modifying after show is going

Post by andrew »

Hi Deke,

Actually, the project structure on a job can not be modified once it has been brought online. There is a warning box that is displayed at the time you hit Bring Online that states this action will bake off the project structure to the job and it can not be changed. This is done for several reasons, but the most important being that if you change a project structure template down the road, any previous job that used the project structure will not be broken.

-Andrew

dekekincaid

Post by dekekincaid »

Right, I think I remember that when I first set it up. Is there any way to force/push an override? If not it would be useful to have this in the future.

Can you point me in the right direction for manually modifying this in the show? I'm guessing it is a json or an xml file I can hand edit? Any caveats with manually modifying this?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew »

Yes, there is a way to force update it. It's actually stored in the database and we can help you manually update this. The only caveat to updating the project structure is that it won't update the paths of the files. Those are stored directly on the files themselves so if you were moving existing files we would need to update those files as well.

We've been making some changes to the way project structures work and one of the topics has been post online changes, but there is a quite a bit to consider here when existing files are online as I'm sure you can imagine.