Maya Publish Formats

Discussions related to all NIM connectors.
pdivers

Maya Publish Formats

Post by pdivers »

FBX is a pretty important part our pipeline and I wanted to know if FBX as a publish type was on the roadmap at nim labs, if not could you point me in the right direction to add potentially add this myself to the current connector?
cheers
Pete

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Maya Publish Formats

Post by andrew »

Hi Pete,

We do not have any immediate plans to add alternate file formats for publishing, but this is definitely something that you can add yourself. The connector files and functions you will want to look at for Maya are:

nim_core/UI.py
def file_pub(self)
line# 2806

nim_core/nim_api.py
def versionUp( nim=None, padding=2, selected=False, win_launch=False, pub=False, symLink=True )
line# 2093

nim_core/nim_file.py
def verUp( nim=None, padding=2, selected=False, win_launch=False, pub=False, symLink=True )
line# 411
line# 522

If you want to add FBX export for the other applications, they are in the same section of code. Each application has its own block of code in the function.

The reason we did not directly support this initially was that we needed API access to the FBX plugin for the host application. At the time the connectors were constructed, this was not available, so we had no control over export. Hopefully this has changed and you have the access you need.

Thank you,
Andrew