I will post very different points, we want to feedback in this post.
If it is easier, feel free to separate the answers:
I noticed a huge performance drop, when working on a bigger bid.
We checked the server performance, but couldn't find any issue or performance peek.
The performance drop is significant and it is really a show-stopper. We need twice as long, as in our other tools, because of waiting time at the “drop down menu” or “save-freezing”.
Grouping and Items:
Some questions to the overall work in the biddingtool:
- Why is there no possibility for manual ordering?
- Can we add automatic numbering of groups? (or headlines)
- Why is there no easy way to exchange from / to excel?
-We could use a excel form preset for initial setup the bid.
-Then Import the table to NIM Bidding
A: We need a possibility to copy/duplicate completed bid templates inside the bidding process.
Scrolling up to the top of the website, then click on bid template, and then scrolling back down again is a mix of slow and annoying.
A good reference for this are to do- apps… They developed a nice and smooth way to setup big lists with easy drag and drop sorting, duplication or removing of items.
B: Deactivation of bidding groups.
We need a possibility to deactivate groups and elements. Not only to delete them.
Bidding is based on a fluent discussion and trading with our clients.
I really like to see, what is happening below the line, by deactivation several elements or complete groups, to discuss cost-benefit equation, while we are on phone with the clients.
C: Hide groups:
While working on long Bids, we would like to “lock and hide” groups or items.
I would like to “lock and hide” all setted rows for a better overview and safety.
Usability experience while working in the bidding tool:
I´ll try to explain my workflow:
A: I select a Bid template.
B: Then rename to group (to the desired name. All bid items get the new name)
C: Then I fill the days and hours in the quantity fields.
- Usability issue A: filling the quantity fields is very slow, because we need to select the different fields manually. I would like to select the first field then press “Tab” on the Keyboard and switch to the next quantity field below. (so Tab moves vertical)
- Usability issue B: We need to freeze the upper row, holding the “Add Bid Items / Add Bid Template” in sight all the time.
We always need to scroll up and down like a champ, while adding items to the list. That costs a lot of time.
- Usability issue C: The scrollingbar / sidebar: The scrollbar disappear (because of the look/theme of NIM)
Especially while working on long lists, this content sensitive behaviour is time consuming.
Everytime I want to scroll, I wait several seconds for the scrollbar to appear again.
A: Can we have “lines”, “breaks” or “paragraphs” to sort, format or divide the Bid visually?
Sometimes we need to separate blocks/groups from another.
B: pdf export: Is it possible to keep “Bidding Groups” together and not get spread over two pages in the pdf?
Thank you very much.